Field of Interest Fund
What is it? A Fund to financially support either a particular area of interest or a particular group of people.
Best for the following:
- Individuals that want to support specific programs at a variety of nonprofits that are focused on the same broad category of need (i.e animal welfare, early childhood education, etc.);
- A company wanting to establish an employee disaster relief fund for employees across the nation.
What are the benefits?
1. YOU CHOOSE the area(s) to support
Do you want to support a particular field of interest such as Veterans, the arts or animal welfare? YOU decide the criteria for applicants and CTCF will manage the application process.
2. TAX-FREE GROWTH
If you choose to have your Fund invested at CTCF, any gains achieved by the Fund are tax-free growth that you can use to provide more support to your chosen field(s) of interest. You will receive regular reports showing the activity of your Fund, tracking both deposits and distributions. *Past returns are no guarantee of future performance.
3. DOUBLE your FUND
A Field of Interest Fund at CTCF qualifies as a recipient of employer charitable matching programs. Check with your employer to determine if your employer has a charitable matching program.
4. AVOID Capital Gains or Ordinary TAX
If you have proceeds from a stock sale that you are planning to donate, consider gifting the stock directly to your Fund. Instead of selling the stock, paying taxes and then being left with a smaller amount to donate, verify how long you have owned the stock. You may not have to pay capital gains tax if you have owned the stock longer than one year or ordinary tax if less than one year when you gift the stock directly to your Fund.
How do I establish a Field of Interest Fund?
Complete our the Fund Agreement. The Fund Agreement outlines the parameters of your Fund, and areas such as the following are covered:
- What will you name your Fund?
- Who will be the primary advisors for the Fund and who will be on the application review committee?
- What are the parameters that will be used to determine eligibility to receive a grant from the Fund?
- Do you want the Fund to be invested?
To receive a copy of the Fund Agreement or for more information, call 512-863-4186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.