Scroll down for the grant PROCESS and BACKGROUND on the partnership between Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation!
to distribute a match grant from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Decide at what level you would like to support the organization(s) that have ALREADY applied to and received a grant from Georgetown Health Foundation;
- Fill out and sign this Grant Recommendation Form - if you are supporting more than 1 group, download this spreadsheet which lists all of the nonprofits and add to it the amount you want to match for each group.
- Submit the Grant Recommendation Form and spreadsheet to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 3, 2022.
Read a short description below of each grant
Priority 1: Basic Needs - Food/Shelter/Housing
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas - to provide rental or housing assistance to Georgetown-area residents. Received $75,000 from GHF.
- Georgetown Backpack Buddies - to purchase food for the students they serve. Received $45,000 from GHF.
- Habitat for Humanity Williamson County - to support key personnel that prepare new homeowners for homeownership, manage the home-building and repairs projects; also support a research project with UT-Austin on the impact of homeownership on their clients. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- Hope Alliance - to provide basic needs, personal security/mental health, transportation, case management, etc. Counseling and emergency shelter waitlists are 12 weeks long. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties - to help streamline the program that provides emergency financial assistance to Georgetown residents. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- Texas Baptist Children's Home - to provide transitional housing, basic needs, personal security/mental health, childcare, emergency financial assistance. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- The Caring Place - to provide rent and mortgage assistance. Received $75,000 from GHF.
Priority 2: Basic Needs & Related Social Determinants of Health
- AGE of Central Texas - caregiving for adults homebound due to age and/or disability. Received $30,000 from GHF.
- Any Baby Can - support for the Nurse-Family Partnership program. Received $30,000 from GHF.
- Boys & Girls Club of Georgetown - financial support to keep membership costs low for families. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- Faith In Action Georgetown - transportation, support for homebound seniors in Georgetown and the ETJ. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- Georgetown Family YMCA - to provide scholarships for participants and financial support to run the programs. Received $40,000 from GHF.
- ROCK - to provide financial support for salaries of the Program Director and Administrative Assistant running therapeutic programs for individuals with disabilities and disorders. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- NAMI Central Texas - to provide financial support for staff serving the WilCo Community Resource Coordination Group which is an unfunded mandated by the State of Texas. Received $20,000 from GHF.
- Samaritan Center - to provide mental health services to Georgetown residents. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- STARRY - free counseling and youth/parent skills training for youth and parents/caregivers. Received $50,000 from GHF.
- The Christi Center - provide grief support and training for children and families. Received $20,000 from GHF.
- The Georgetown Project - support for Bridges to Growth Parent Center and the NEST Empowerment Center. Received $70,000 from GHF.
- Williamson County Children's Advocacy Center - to provide financial support of staff that teach families how to improve their caregiver skills as well as recognize and report child abuse. Received $50,000 from GHF.
Priority 3: Social Determinants of Health
- Brookwood in Georgetown (BiG) - to offset tuition costs for the Citizens in Georgetown. Received $25,000 from GHF.
- Literacy Council of Williamson County - to provide financial support of programs for GED attainment, job-related credentialing and increased income. Received $20,000 from GHF.
Background of This Program
Partnership with Georgetown Heath Foundation (GHF)
Since the pandemic started, Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation (CTCF) has annually partnered with Georgetown Health Foundation (GHF) to leverage their thorough vetting process for grantmaking. This partnership allows Fund Advisors of DAFs at CTCF to have access to the nonprofit grant applications and further support the needs in the community as well as the great work that GHF is doing.
Donation issues cited among local donors
- "There are many needs in the community, how do I determine how to support those with the most need?"
- "Outside of my immediate circles, how can I find those impacted by job losses and the disruption to economic activity?"
This partnership between CTCF and GHF helps to address these concerns of local donors. Thank you for your support of those in need.
Create a fund - donor
Learn how to build a legacy by creating your own fund with the Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation.
Give to a Fund
Looking to learn more about a Fund or support it financially? We primarily have 5 types of Funds, see the lists for more information or to donate to one of them.
Current Fund Advisors
Learn about and download the forms and documents you need to manage your funds.