information and process to match grants from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
Round 2 - Fall 2020
Click on the name of the group to view their grant application file.
- Age of Central Texas - caregiving for adults homebound due to age and/or disability.
- Any Baby Can - 20 Georgetown clients who need assistance with housing, utilities, childcare, food, education, and technology.
- Boys & Girls Club Georgetown - to cover membership costs for students while not jeopardizing the organization's financial security during this uncertain time.
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas - utility assistance to Georgetown-area residents.
- Georgetown Backpack Buddies - to purchase food for the students they serve.
- Habitat for Humanity Williamson County - for mortgage assistance.
- Hope Alliance - add part-time Counselor to serve clients' needs faster.
- Literacy Council of Williamson County - helps under-employed and under-educated adults earn GEDs or vocational certificates, get better jobs, make more money, and improve financial independence.
- Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties - to purchase a new vehicle and related costs (gas, upkeep, registration and insurance) to assist with meal and supply delivery to Georgetown and surrounding area seniors and families.
- SEGCC - Southeast Georgetown Community Council - Facilities 4 Families program to support remote learning.
- The Caring Place - funding for operational expenses to provide immediate direct financial assistance and food distribution.
- The Salvation Army - Williamson County - to support client financial assistance for a total of 300 Georgetown residents.
- WCCAC - Williamson County Children's Advocacy Center - crisis intervention funds (such as gift cards, gas cards, clothing, funds for transportation to therapy weekly for families that do not have a vehicle, etc.) and operational expenses for staff related to remote work.
process to distribute a grant from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Decide at what level you would like to support the organization(s);
- Open this spreadsheet which contains the group-specific information (Tax ID number, address, etc.);
- Fill out and sign the Grant Recommendation Form (1 for each group);
- Submit the Grant Recommendation Form to email@example.com by Friday, October 16, 2020.
Thank you for your generosity and support for the community!
Round 1 - July 2020
GHF made grants to the following groups:
- Family Independence Initiative (FII)
- Georgetown Backpack Buddies
- Helping Hands of Georgetown
- Hope Alliance
- Meals on Wheels Central Texas
- The Georgetown Project
- The Key2Free
Background of Rounds 1 and 2
Areas of Focus
The grant applications evaluated by GHF focused on the following needs:
3. Cash/financial assistance;
5. Care for adults who are homebound due to age or disability; and
6. Technology for remote curriculum-based education.
Donation issues recently cited among local donors
- "There are many needs in the community, how do I determine how to support those with the most need?"
- "Outside of my immediate circles, how can I find those impacted by job losses and the disruption to economic activity?"
This matching grant opportunity helps to address these concerns of local donors.
Click here to read the results of a recent survey regarding the sustainability challenges of nonprofits in the next 12 months (please note, the survey is broad-based and not specific to Williamson County).
Create a fund - donor
Learn how to build a legacy by creating your own fund with the Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation.
Give to a Fund
Looking to learn more about a Fund or support it financially? We primarily have 5 types of Funds, see the lists for more information or to donate to one of them.
Current Fund Advisors
Learn about and download the forms and documents you need to manage your funds.