Focus on Philanthropy
Strategic Involvement and Investment
in the Charities You Support
Community members who are charitably-minded and pay taxes!
Panelists: Connie Clark, Mindi Zanowiak, Ron Greening and Julie Johnson
The Panel Discussed Trends in Philanthropy as well as addressed the following questions:
- What are good questions to ask before I invest in a nonprofit organization?
- What are tax strategies for being involved and invested in supporting a nonprofit?
- What is a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) and how can it support my charitable goals?
- How do I build a legacy of supporting my community?
- How can I leverage my giving to go further and last longer?
Where Was the Event Held?
Sun City Texas, The Retreat, Longhorn Room
1220 Cattleman Drive, Georgetown, Texas 78633
Philanthropic Funds for individuals, couples, families or businesses
Essentially, a DAF works like your own private foundation, but does not have the restrictions and high overhead costs of a private foundation.
An opportunity to support promising students as they pursue their dreams academically, in the arts and through sports.
Field of Interest
A Fund designed to distribute financial support to either a particular area/field of interest or a particular group of people.